The DesignSingapore Council and a panel of independent design experts will select projects that could be supported with funding until the “proof of concept” stage, for a maximum period of 12 months.
Dsg will sponsor up to 70% of the qualifying costs for activities essential to deliver the “proof of concept” over a maximum duration of 12 months, for projects with overall cost at S$50,000 or less. Projects with overall cost higher than S$50,000 will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Projects will be assessed for:
- Strength and feasibility of proposal;
- Clarity of commercialisation/publicity plan;
- Depth of research and approach in addressing a global issue and impact outcomes in any of the following areas:
- Enabling economic transformation;
- Raising quality of life;
- Advancing Singapore’s brand and culture; and
- Achieving ground-breaking design achievements
- Clarity on how the project strengthens the unique value proposition
Designers and design enterprises will be assessed for:
- Track record of portfolio over the past two years
- Design ethos that aspires towards design impact