Singapore has been designated UNESCO Creative City of Design. The successful bid was submitted by DesignSingapore Council. The UNESCO Creative Cities Network (UCCN) was created in 2004 to strengthen co-operation with and among cities that have identified creativity as a strategic factor for sustainable development.
“We are elated to receive this good news. The designation will support the development of a creative eco-system where the National Design Centre plays a key role in Singapore’s contribution to the UCCN,” said Mr Jeffrey Ho, Executive Director, DesignSingapore Council.
How it began, where it is today, how might it be in the future: the state of design in Singapore. A six-part report by DesignSingapore Council.
Media Release: https://www.designsingapore.org/modules/mediarelease/media-release-singapore-designated-unesco-creative-city-of-design
- Channel NewsAsia –
CNA online [11 Dec 2015]: Singapore designated UNESCO Creative City of Design
CNA Broadcast [13 Dec 2015]:
- TODAY online [11 Dec 2015] – Singapore designated as a Creative City of Design by UNESCO
- The Straits Times online [11 Dec 2015] – Singapore named Unesco creative city of design
- Asiaone [12 Dec 2015] – Singapore designated UNESCO Creative City of Design
- POWER 98FM (Radio) –
- UNESCO – 47 Cities join the UNESCO Creative Cities Network
- Times Oracle (USA) – Singapore named Unesco creative city of design
- The Telegraph Times (UK) – Rome, Parma are UNESCO Creative Cities
- Chronicle Daily (USA) – Singapore named Unesco creative city of design
- The Leader Standard (USA) – Singapore designated UNESCO Creative City of Design
- The Star Online (Malaysia) – S’pore named Unesco creative city of design
- Blouinartinfo – UNESCO Designate 47 New Creative Cities in the World
- Mothership.sg – Singapore named Creative City of Design by UNESCO