Shenzhen Design Week (SZDW), sponsored by the Shenzhen Municipal Government, takes place every year in late April. SZDW is the largest and highest level international professional design event in Shenzhen, covering the widest range of categories. It aims to establish an international platform integrating exchange, promotion, display and education activities, to create a number of branded projects, to promote the exchange and collaboration between Shenzhen and other regions in design sector, and to supply a platform for foreign designers and design companies to enter Chinese market.
The 2nd Shenzhen Design Week is in 2018, with the theme of “Possibilities of Design”, and will open on April 20 and conclude on April 30. The main venue is to be set at the Sea World Culture and Arts Center in Shekou, and the Museum of Contemporary Art and Urban Planning in downtown area.
The committee is now calling for projects from all UNESCO Creative Cities for the Special Exhibition of UCCN entitled the Possibilities of Design: UCCN Perspectives, which will be one of the key events of Shenzhen Design Week 2018. Intox, a local design company in Shenzhen was commissioned as curator.
The applicants need to submit detailed information including:
The title, outline and details of the projects in English, and at least three high-definition images (1024 x 768 pixels at least, in JPEG format, with a resolution of 300 dpi or more)
- The profiles of the applicants and teams (including resumes and achievements, etc.), and high-definition photos and contact information
- Installation requirements, if applicable
- Stories or exhibiting experience of the projects, if any
The specific requirements and conditions are as follows:
While in general applicants of approved projects should cover the shipping and insurance cost, the curator will select maximum 30 best projects for which the Secretariat will cover the shipping and insurance, in needed
- The projects can vary in disciplines, including but not limited to graphic, industrial and product, fashion, architecture, interior, interactive installation, media arts, etc.
- The authors of approved projects should sign an agreement with the organizer, i.e. Shenzhen City of Design Promotion Association (SDPA), the text of which will be provided by the Secretariat
All projects should be submitted before 15th March 2018 by emailing to Ms. Shuya Yang at [email protected]. Results will be sent to all applicants before 31st March. Objects of selected projects should arrive in Shenzhen before 10th April. The exhibition opens on 20th April and will last for about 15 days.
For more details, please log on the official website: http://www.sz.design/, or follow us on Facebook.